||Crisis Prevention and Recovery
||Construction of a sports boarding school in Beslan after Ivan Kanidi in Beslan, Republic of North Ossetia-Alania
|Budget and Source of Funds:
||USD 3 924 156 (1 600 000 USD – Kingdom of Norway, 2 253 956 USD – Republic of Greece, 70 200 USD – UNDP)
|Starting Date and Duration:
||July 2006 - February 2011
||Beslan, Republic of North Ossetia-Alania
||Administration of local municipality of Pravoberezhny region of the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania
||Royal Norwegian Embassy in Moscow, Embassy of the Hellenic Republic in Moscow, Government of the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania
||USD 3 924 156 for 2006 – 2011; USD 1,093,838.84 for 2010
||National Project Director:
Director of the Sports Boarding School
Head of Office
For more information please contact:
UNDP Project Assistant in the North Caucasus
tål.: +7 8672 56 30 89 fax: +7 8672 64 89 42
5 Stanislavskogo Str, Vladikavkaz, North Ossetia-Alania, Russia
[ printable version ]
00048839 - Construction of a sports boarding school in Beslan after Ivan Kanidi in Beslan, Republic of North Ossetia-Alania
The Project is aimed at technical assistance to the educational system of Beslan,the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania, creation of environment for enhanced development of physical potential and education opportunities for youth of Beslan by building a sports boarding school.
UNDP participation in the project is justified by the for the following reasons:
• Resource mobilization;
• Transparency of resources management;
• Access to international experience and best practices in this field;
• Integration of different stakeholder efforts: government agencies, international organizations as well as other partner institutions within the project.
1) Sports boarding school designed and built in Beslan;
2) Management capacity of the etablished educational institution is strengthened;
3) Additional opportunities for enhancement of children’s health in the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania are created;
4) Environment for enhanced development of physical potential and opportunities for physical education for the youth of Beslan is improved;
5) Mechanism for cooperation with relevant government organizations of the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania such as the Ministry of Education and Science in the area of social programmes implementation in general and enhancement of physical culture and education in particular is established.
Sports boarding school in Beslan, Republic of North Ossetia-Alania, constructed. This was one of the most important UNDP projects in North Caucasus and the only Nationally Implemented Project in the region.
Today the Project school is one of the best equipped and the only boarding school in Beslan area. Above all the required equipment and furniture, the school has two football fields and a fruit grove with 200 different fruit trees, planted by the children.
Although the school was initially meant only for 200 pupils and 68 sleeping accommodation, it currently has 228 pupils, 74 children that overnight there, 17 teachers and 20 caring supervisors.
Despite all the challenges that were encounted in the course of the implementation, successful project finalization was possible only due to the tremendous support and devotion of all the Sides involved in the Project.
Information updated: 2011-03-30 12:06:49
« go back »