||Engaging Russian Business in Global Compact Driven Sustainable Development
|Budget and Source of Funds:
||USD 4,030,000 (co-financing: UNDP, interested companies and institutions)
|Starting Date and Duration:
||Starting date: June 2009;
Duration: 5 years
||Ministry for Economic Development of the Russian Federation
||Ministry for Economic Development of the Russian Federation, United Nations Development Programme, Participants of UN Global Compact Network in Russia and other interested companies and institutions, Russian regional/local authorities
||2009: USD 87,895.15; 2010: USD 469,383.92 (of which: USD 49,900 Programme Cost Sharing)
Social and Economic Development
Levkin Evgeny Vadimovich
Tel.: +7 495 787 2176
For more information please contact:
Tel.: + 7 495 787 2161
[ printable version ]
00071238 - Engaging Russian Business in Global Compact Driven Sustainable Development
The Project aims for the development and implementation of sustainable social and economic development projects jointly by the UN Development Program (UNDP) in Russia and by Russian and multinational companies, who are either currently participating, or are intending to join UN Global Compact Network.
The main priority of the Project in 2009-2010 is the development and implementation of projects that aim to minimize economic, social and environmental impact of the financial and economic crisis for the company-participants of the Global Compact Network Russia in the territories where they do business.
This will be achieved through implementation of the following two interrelated components within the projectï¿½s framework:
1. Dissemination of the 10 UN Global Compact Principles of sustainable development; implementation of those principles into the practices of Russian and foreign companies in Russia.
2. Involvement of participants of the UNGC, Russia and other Russian businesses in applied projects on crisis management and sustainable social and economic development of companies and the territories in which those companies operate.
Poverty reduction through sustainable and more equitable economic growth, in particular private sector development and engagement in line with UN Global Compact principles
1) Dissemination of the 10 UN Global Compact Principles of sustainable development; implementation of those principles into the practices of Russian and foreign companies in Russia.
2) Involvement of participants of the Global Compact Network Russia and other Russian businesses in applied projects on crisis management and sustainable social and economic development of companies and the territories in which those companies operate.
1) Increase in the proportion of sustainable development reports prepared by Russian companies which are in line with Global Compact principles;
2) Number of sustainable social and economic development practices (private sector engagement and/or development activities) developed by Russian companies together with regional / local administrations.
Interim results and delivery:
12 new members (38.7% increase) joint the local GC network. 4 feasibility studies for single-factory cities re-profiling conducted with full UNDP support and funding.
Joint Applied Project “Preparation of Proposals on Further Development of Initiatives of Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd. in the Area of Sustainable Development” had been co-financed, prepared and presented to Sakhalin Energy.
You can find the Project Document here
01.06.2009. Project on engaging Russian business in UN Global Compact driven sustainable development is launched
Information updated: 2011-07-11 17:43:15
«go back »